9 Reasons Why My First Blog Failed
The story of the 9 Reasons Why My First Blog Failed.
It’s kind of sad really. You know the sayings, “hindsight is 20/20” and “if only I knew then what I know now”, well they totally apply to this situation. The reality is that I had no idea what I was doing and should have taken some time to educate myself better first. Below I list the 9 Reasons Why My Blog Failed.
- It wasn’t self-hosted.
- My niche was too broad.
- I had no idea what I was doing (like I said above).
- I didn’t promote my site on social media.
- I wasn’t passionate about the ALL of the topics.
- I didn’t have wifi at home or anywhere near me.
- I didn’t have a brand.
- I got a part-time job and felt like I didn’t have time.
- I didn’t have any type of product, service, or affiliate.
What I should have done differently.
- I should have used a self-hosted website like wordpress.org first so I didn’t have to change it over later.
- I should have narrowed my niche down to something more specific.
- I should have done more research before I purchased my domain and blog.
- I had Facebook, but I did not promote my site on that page. I just posted random quotes and tips.
- If I would have done more niche research, I would have noticed that one of the topics I chose bored me.
- There is honestly nothing I could do about lack of wifi. I still have this issue, but thanks to unlimited data, I can use my phone as a hotspot.
- If I would have done more research, I would have known I needed to brand my site and social media.
- I truly did have time, I was just lazy and unmotivated about my niche, so I pretty much just wasted all the money I put into my site.
- I did not realize how most people make money on blogs. Naively, I thought Google Adsense was going to make me rich.
Like I said above, hindsight is 20/20. I lived and I learned. I understand the reasons that my first blog failed and have been blogging for four years now. I hope if you stumbled upon this post that it helped you in some way. Drop a comment below if you have more tips, or you just want to drop me a line.